segunda-feira, 29 de setembro de 2008

Had to Escape




I do not know what came over me – I know I ought to have gone out and socialized and made Erasmus friends – but I just couldn’t face it. So on Saturday night me and Miguel took up Tiago on his offer and ran away to his farm in Leria. The bus pulled in at 2am and we went back to lovely Tiagos house where his mum was finishing making cakes in the special bread oven. In the morning we went for a run, Me, Tiago, Senna and Miguel, around the valleys and then had a huge huge huge lunch with lots of MEAT at a local restaurant. We then walked and travelled the area, seeing some caves and some old shepards huts in the wilderness. The sun was setting and the sky was purple, with a great chalky disc of a moon, shining bright, with cows grazing in the field… and I took a big deep breath, knowing that this was the last little drop of summer. It was beautiful. I love the countryside. What a summer it has been. I cannot condense it in a few thoughts. It is so long and varied. But that moment, with the moon and the cows, was the last real drop of summer. WE drove back to Lisbon, me fast asleep of course, and went our separate ways.




Uni began again on Monday. It has been a week of sorting out timetables and admin, basically. The classes are so different to Nottingham. There is no presentation or any color. Just white rooms, a black board, a desk with a teacher who talks super fast. I cannot understand much at all but hopefully this will change! The Erasmus students seem lovely.. we have already had about 15 coffees together outside.

Sem comentários: