segunda-feira, 29 de setembro de 2008

A surprise under my balcony

In the Cabo Verde Restuarant
Ahh! Haa haa.
At marcos
Near the beach, got to on bikes!

Gosh what a long time since my last blog. I’m terribly sorry. But you will soon find out why. By the way, before I start, I’m sorry, I did not have my camera for much of this part, so there is a lack of pictures.


Well, it was a sunny day. I was skyping Mum and Dad around lunch time, perhaps feeling a bit low about moving house, etc, when I heard a ring on the doorbell. I went to the balcony to see who was down there. I see some shiny black hair, and a face turns up to me.. “PAPPI! What the fuck! Paaaapi!”.. Yes, Linda Pappagallo, all the way from Italy, had made it to Number 21 Rua dos Douradores. I ran downstairs and crouched on the ground, I could not believe it. So as you can imagine this took a long time to sink in. I felt like a little bird knocked off its perch. Linda with her unbeatable energy was ready to set off. So we set out into Lisbon together, and finally I could show her everything that I had wanted to. What did we do? Terraco bar, art in cafes, botanical gardens, speaking, TiNatericas.. the usual. (Unusual – eyebrow piercing). But to share this with her felt so good. She has left now, but to know that she understands what I mean when I try to describe the rusting ceiling in Casa do Alentejo or the Portuguese Men, or the smell of my bathroom, the ambient of my friends – this feels good. And Linda can stroll along the street with me and pick up on the same ideas and sights and have a kind of appreciation. One day we took the train to Caiscais and cycled beyond Guincho up a small sandy track to a little beach far down. With our braids, the squinting sun, the surfing waves, the catches of smoke in the air, the lifeguards hut against the mountains... it was dreamy.


Sem comentários: